Hi everyone!! I’m Stephanie, Angie’s totally rad and awesome younger sister! We are exactly 2 years and one day apart, but are so completely opposite, in the best way possible!
I am a hairstylist and live with my boyfriend and dog in Michigan. I love to cook and I know my boyfriend probably loves it just as much when I cook for him! This is one of my recipes that’s his favorite called “Rattlesnake Pasta.”
It is a dish from J Alexanders restaurant— a cheesy chicken pasta with a little kick, but this is my version of it!
Cooking is fun for me and is also a big stress reliever. I usually cook without following a recipe so there are days where this dish can vary.
As I said, I have fun cooking, haha! So pour some wine, turn up that music, let loose and give this delicious pasta a try!
- 1 lb linguine
- 8 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan (extra if needed)
- 1/2 cup smoked mozzarella (or smoked provolone if you can’t find smoked mozzarella)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 2 tsp garlic
- 12 oz. cooked chicken, shredded or cut into chunks (I like to use a butter garlic marinated chicken from the meat market)
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- If using fresh chicken, pound out chicken breasts and rub a good amount of cayenne pepper.
- Cook chicken breasts in skillet and then cut thinly and diagonally to serve with pasta.
- Prepare the linguine according to package. Save ½ cup of the pasta water for sauce (because of the starch in the pasta water)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the flour whisking to make a thick roux (basically a paste)
- Next mix in the heavy cream whisking again
- Next add the cheeses and keep mixing until melted
- Then add all the spices and mix
- In another pan, sauté the peppers and onions in some butter and garlic for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are tender then add to sauce and mix
- Add ½ cup white wine to the sauce (Drink a ½ cup if necessary too, haha!)
- Add ¼ to ½ cup of the reserved pasta water to the sauce mixture depending on how thin you want it.
- You can also add more wine for a thinner sauce or more flour to thicken it up.
- Add chicken to sauce.
- Serve sauce over linguine and enjoy!!
- This is definitely a dish you can taste and tweak as you are cooking! If you like it to have more of a wine taste, add more wine! If you like more cheese, add more cheese! If you want more salt, add more salt! Be your own chef!!