Without exaggerating, I completely “binge” ate over the last few days– Christmas cookies, homemade mac & cheese, ham, breakfast croissants, the list goes on and on. I’m sure you feel me…
News Years is right around the corner too, where we will celebrate and probably “binge” again.
So since all the cookies and Christmas leftovers are gone and we have this “in between” time as I like to call it…I am trying to keep it on the healthy side.
Typically once a week I like to make a meatless dinner– for health and financial reasons. The recipe below I cook often–its so flexible! Use fresh or frozen veggies, meat or no meat, quinoa or rice, more sauce or less sauce….make it fit your taste buds!
After a few days of really rich food, this veggie dish is a light and delicious way to start the week.
Its a hit at our house and leaves plenty of leftovers!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onions
- 1-2 cups chopped carrots
- 1-2 cups frozen peas
- 3 medium chopped zucchini
- 2 chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 small heads chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hosin sauce
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp white rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- Precook quinoa and set aside to cool
- In a wok/large pan, heat olive oil to med-high heat
- Saute onions for 1-2 minutes
- Add large veggies that take longer to cook to pan (broccoli, carrots, zucchini). Cook for 5-6 minutes and cover pan to help stem
- Add smaller veggies and cook an additional 5-6 minutes
- In a separate bowl, combine sauce ingredients, and stir
- Add sauce to wok stir into cooked veggies
- Let sauce and veggies sit on low heat for 1-2 minutes
- Dish out quinoa then top with cooked veggies