The sky is the limit for this type of recipe–simple, fancy, healthy or fatty.
The approach I took, especially with the holidays around the corner is healthy and delicious–only requiring a few ingredients.
Place 3 chicken breasts in crockpot. I use the crockpot to cook the chicken, but if time is limited or you didn’t plan in advance, any type of cooked chicken will do for this recipe! Add 1 cup of buffalo sauce and 1 TBSP of minced garlic to the crockpot.
Turn crockpot on low, cook for 5-6 hours. (I turn the chicken in the crockpot about halfway through the cooking time)
When chicken is falling apart, take out of crockpot and shred. The chicken should be falling apart and easy to break through in the crockpot before you shred it.
Place shredded chicken back into crockpot and add a little more buffalo sauce to keep the chicken wet and warm.
Serve shredded chicken inside lettuce wraps and top with 1-2 spoonfuls of blue cheese.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- Container of romaine lettuce/green leaf lettuce
- Container of blue cheese
- Place 3 chicken breasts in crockpot.
- Add 1 cup of buffalo sauce to crockpot and 1 TSBP of minced garlic to crockpot.
- Turn crockpot on low, cook for 5-6 hours.
- When chicken is falling apart, take out of crockpot and shred.
- Place shredded chicken back into crockpot and add a little more buffalo sauce to keep chicken wet.
- Serve shredded chicken on lettuce and top with 1-2 spoonfuls of blue cheese
- This keeps really well and is great the next day for lunch!