Have you ever had a favorite dish that when you eat it, it brings back memories or makes you think of special people in your life?
With friends on my mind and football season right around the corner, I thought I’d share one of my favorite dips—Buffalo Chicken Dip (BCD.)
I know the exact date this dip became a part of my life (such a sentimental day, jk, lol!) My good friend and roommate Claire was attempting a “new dip” for a party she was going to. I watched her prepare it in our weird second floor kitchen, and BAM a tradition was born. An AMAZING and ADDICTING tradition.
BCD was “our thing” through most of college.
Since college, we all still seem to be making it for some occasion. For me, I’ve been known to make BCD for parties, small groups and also while 9 months pregnant. (I would usually eat the entire thing, again, gross right?!)
Collette makes the dip and doesn’t even measure what she puts in. That’s talent.
I seem to make it a little different every time, but ultimately it always ends up tasting amazing.
If you are looking for a new dip this fall, or if you love buffalo sauce, cream cheese and ranch—try this!
I know a lot of people have their own versions of Buffalo dip, but again if you try the “228 version” (our college house address), it won’t disappoint!
I love this dip, and love the girls that it makes me think of, each time I have it!
Preheat oven to 350.
With softened cream cheese, mix together buffalo sauce, ranch, chicken (drained well from can,) and a handful of cheese in a mixing bowl.
Take another handful of cheese and sprinkle on top of dip before placing it in the oven. (Important note- I’ve noticed that if you “over-top” the dish with too much cheese, then it becomes runny and kind of soupy. So don’t go too cheese crazy!)
Libbey and I both approved of the BCD tonight!
- 2 packages of softened cream cheese
- 1 can of chicken (drained)
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (add a little more for some kick!)
- 2 big handfuls of cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With softened cream cheese, mix together buffalo sauce, ranch, chicken (drained well from can,) and a handful of cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Once ingredients are combined well, in a greased pan, (I generally use a 9x13) spread dip evenly.
- Take another handful of cheese and sprinkle on top of dip before placing it in the oven.
- Cook dip for about 25 minutes.
- Cheese should be completely melted on top and sides should be golden to golden brown.